August 26, 2010

Twelve Steps

From what I'm told, any individual trying to overcome an addiction should follow a twelve step program.  The first step in any successful rehabilitation is admitting you have a problem, right? So, here I am and here it is: Hello, my name is Kayte, I have a problem, I'm addicted to food. There, I said it. It wasn't so hard now that I really think about it. I'M ADDICTED TO FOOD. Wow, that feels great! Unfortunately for the size of my waist, and the size of my wallet, that is the end of my participation in the twelve step program. (How very Lindsay Lohan of me, I know.)

You see, here's the thing... I love to cook, I love to eat, and to top it all off, I love to take photos of food. (Hence, Confessions of a Photograzer.) I apologize greatly if you've stumbled upon this blog hoping to gaze at fabulous mind-blowing food photography.  I am no photographer - I'm an eater. I'm still learning how to cook, and bake, and take photos, however, eating... eating I know how to do and need no help with that, thankyouverymuch. At breakfast I'm thinking about what I'm going to make for dinner. At lunch I'm planning a menu for a tailgate that is two months away. Frankly, my food obsession gets in the way of my own life. But between you, me, and the internet... I kind of like it.

I'm now taking my obsession one step further and writing about one of the things I love most in this world. I'm not sure what path I'm going to follow... will I just talk about what I eat? (If that's the case I may be forced change the title to, True Confession: How I gained 300 pounds blogging about food.)  I plan to share some photos and to hopefully share some of my cooking experiences, that much I know...  What about recipes? Gardening? God forbid, what if I decide to diet, how on earth can one blog about diet food? (Bleck!) All that aside - I hope you enjoy taking this food-journey with me.

I'm Kayte. It's been very nice meeting you and I hope we eat meet again soon. (Who needs a twelve step program anyway?)


No comments:

Post a Comment