Our basil plant is still quite large and has plenty of crisp, green, and basilicious leaves left for harvesting. Here is a recipe I adapted from www.cookinglight.com that I found to be delicious. Now, there were a few reviews that stated the recipe was to "planty" and/or "herby," so disclaimer: I would like to note that if you don't like basil, don't make this dish,
What you'll need:
- 1 9oz package of fresh fettuccine
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 3 tablespoons of roasted pine nuts
- 3 tbsp fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. (Omit salt and oil if possible.)
2. Combine additional ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
3. Combine fettuccine and sauce. Heat over low flame on stove top if necessary.
Tips, Tricks, and Mishaps:
- I used fat free half and half. It didn't make a bit of a difference to me! The sauce was still creamy and delicious.
- Because I used fat free half and half I added a very small amount of extra virgin olive oil to the sauce mixture for additional flavor.
Without any alterations this recipe has 3 servings each weighing in at 374 calories each. Weight Watchers Points - 8.
Happy fall ya'll!