September 2, 2010

Mini Caprese Skewers

My sister-in-law served this fabulous snack at a party she was hosting and it has quickly become one of my favorite  easy to make appetizers! (It also just so happens to be one of my favorite photos of something I've actually made.) 

What you'll need... 
  • cherry tomatoes 
  • mozzarella balls 
  • fresh basil leaves
  • olive oil
  • salt
  • pepper
  • toothpicks 
Directions: Wash the tomatoes and basil leaves. Once the basil is dry, cut the leaves length-wise (around 1 cm.)  Insert a toothpick through the end of a cherry tomato -  thread the basil - then insert the toothpick through a mozzarella ball.  Once you have filled all of the toothpicks, drizzle them with olive oil.  Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Wow! You took this picture!?! Its amazingly beautiful, and looks absolutely delicious! I think you have truly found your calling in this blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look sooo good. I want to eat my computer!

    ReplyDelete