What You'll Need:
- 20 pitted dates
- 4-6 oz of cream cheese (or more depending on the size of your dates)
- 2o nuts (pecan halves, pine nuts, almonds, and walnuts are all delicious)
- 7 slices of bacon, cut into thirds
- 2o toothpicks
- 1 plastic zip-lock sandwich bag
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place cream cheese in zip-lock bag.
- Cut a small hole in the bottom corner of the bag.
- Stuff one nut into each date and top with cream cheese until they are full.
- Wrap each date with 1/3 slice of bacon, and secure bacon with a toothpick.
- Place dates 1" apart in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake 5 minutes, then turn dates with tongs.
- Bake 5 additional minutes, or until bacon is crisp. (Monitor carefully for burning.)
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towel.
- Serve immediately.
- Develop addiction to bacon wrapped dates.